plastering round replacement window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have been left with a new smaller window installed but the plasterwork round window is not completed. There are gap of 2 inches which are very deep. I have heard of people packing gaps with newspaper before plastering over them. Is this the correct way and if so should the paper be wet or moist so to take the plaster?

Sponsored Links
2inches sounds pretty deep. Can you fix a timber batten and then some plasterboard screwed on top of this to allow either a skim or a more reasonable thickness undercoat/skim?

I myself would get some expanding fixafoam and fill all around the gap with it,then you can cut it off when it has set and put what you like on it .If you go down this route make sure you have a water spray bottle and spray the area where you are foaming as this will help the foam adhere to the substrate..It will also stop any water coming in and make it water tight... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back