Plastering and new windows advice.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya! Im buying my very first home (wreck) and would really apreciate some advice. I know in an ideal world all the windows that need replacing would be replaced before plastering a room.

However, is plastering a room before having a new window fitted a complete no no? I'm a complete novice just starting to get to grips with a very long and slow project and was just wanting to check which way round to do things!

Thanks everyone

rach

Sponsored Links
Ideally you'd change the windows first but if you are keeping them for a year or two then don't worry about it. You can touch up the plaster when they are changed.

It may not suit you or the missus, but you could always not plaster the window reveals until you have replaced the windows.

Sponsored Links
Get the windows changed get all the plastering around them done and you dont have to worry about all the mess and upheaval and decorating later... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back