Plastering textured ceiling and removing trims

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a bathroom textured ceiling to plaster, the kitchen had same ceiling tested negative for asbestos and the company who did it said it will be the same for the bathroom.
Is the best way to first apply 60 mins Thistle bonding then Thistle multifinish?

Also there are trims just below the ceiling as in pics, can I remove them the same way as covings?

Thanks
IMG_5293.jpg

IMG_5294.jpg
IMG_5297.jpg

Sponsored Links
Polytex.
I'd bluegrit that day before skim.
Multi finish is fine over that

green grit and multifinish.
don’t need bonding coat.
Try and look for clues where the original board joins are and tape over them with scrim before gritting.
and remove the trims with a strong scraper.

Sponsored Links
No need to apply bonding. That's not a heavy pattern and one good thick multi finish. Then a thinner second coat and polish off.

On thick artex you can add bonding (no fixed amount) to the multi finish to thicken the first coat which works well as it builds out well. But no need on that surface.
Bonding is not easy to use and you need to get timing right to skim over or let it dry and seal and skim. All too difficult for a novice and no point as I said

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back