plastering training

Just a general comment on the 'time is money' comment.

Your tutor is right, but I would add -

- the right way is often the quickest in the long run

- quality means no come backs .

- some times the best way is slower just because you are not used to doing it.

The 'wrong' way is often quicker because you have had no practice at doing it correctly, rather than the correct way being a slower method in itself.

Sort it once properly when plastering the first time, even if it takes a little longer. This is cheaper than going back when the place is decorated, carpeted etc

Patching /making good properly (like labouring on a plasterer) is practically a trade in itself. I know plenty of men who can knock out acres of big work perfectly that don't have the patience or knack of making good properly.

Even on a simple example, try this -
Working on your own plastering, it is quicker not to clean out your mixing bucket as you can carry on throwing on and trowelling up. Those couple of minutes cleaning take you away from plastering. However, it will take ages to get the bucket clean when you need to mix again, and so your next guage is held up for much longer than a couple of minutes while you sort out your bucket, and you may have lumps in the mix.

Bit of a lecture, I know, but thought I'd chuck it in!!!!

Spot on Micilin,, a little time spent early on, can save hours/money in the long run. ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back