plastic bath seal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me. We are trying to remove an old bath seal strip which is up behind the tiles, however we do not want to remove the tiles. Any ideas on how to get this out?

Thanks
GillA

Sponsored Links
Don't really see any other way of removing the seal strip without taking off the bottom row of tiles.... :confused: Can you not trim it back flush to the tiles with a stanley knife?... If you can, and you're wanting to use silicone to seal it with instead, then fill your bath up with water, apply the silicone neatly, and leave to cure overnight. That's all I can suggest, anybody else???

Roughcaster.

I've had to do this once and I can tell you that there's no way you'll get through it with a Stanley knife (I tried). I ended up using a thin slitting disc in my dremel - it made short work of it. ;)

Sponsored Links
ive been sat here for 5 mins trying to write the clown music in words......... to no avail.

love ya GC! :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back