PLASTIC CENTRAL HEATING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a customer who insists on having plastic in his new extension, 3 rad's and on-suit.
I've only used a few fittings before in those really "pain in the asK" situations.
My nearest supplier stocks Speedfit and Flopast, anyone have any tips and which one of the two to use ? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Having seen most of the plastic systems leak occasionally, and NOT seen any evidence or claim for one particular brand, I have no reason to favour one over another.
An option would be to use brass compression fittings, though be careful that twists in the pipe don't undo the fittings where you can't see.

Never heard of Flopast.

I've never had any problems on the rare occasions that I've used Speedfit.

Sponsored Links
Wise words Gremlin !
(too old to use spell checket, might have spotted my mistaje if I had !)
Thanks all but after what i've read and been told I'am going to convince the customer that copper is THE WAY ! Should only take 4 or 9 cups of tea.

Ask the customer why they want plastic. They might even give you a sensible answer. Never heard of floplast, have used speedfit in the past but now avoid it like the plague, Hep2o all the way...

I have not compared the prices lately but I suspect that plastic is still more expensive than copper and end feed joints.

The customer probably thinks that plastic is cheaper.

Dont forget to tell him that rats chew plastic!

Tony

I have a customer who insists on having plastic in his new extension, 3 rad's and on-suit.
I've only used a few fittings before in those really "pain in the asK" situations.
My nearest supplier stocks Speedfit and Flopast, anyone have any tips and which one of the two to use ? :rolleyes:

Personally I walk when the account dictates a product I am not really comfortable with.

I posted many,many articles going back to 1999 why I use copper or black steel for heating as to many "state of the art" plastic systems did fail.

People have short term memory when leaks occur in a product they specified as they cry foul as your the professional and you should know better.

Go with your gut feeling and most of the time your right on

Seemingly at least once a week softas comes across copper that has worn away, but for some reason he will not stand by his comments and post a simple picture of it to prove it . I wonder why not ?
It surely would not be because he is talking nonsence

...he will not stand by his comments and post a simple picture of it to prove it . I wonder why not ?
It's simply because there's no reason for me to bother to "prove it" - your inexperience doesn't make a true statement into a false one. :rolleyes:

What you mean is you lied and cant prove it ,simple.
But its not my problem it is you who can live with the fact you cannot back up your lies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back