Plastic Clips for 6mm metal rod

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
This may be a long shot but I am trying to find out were to purchase some plastic form ( about 1 mtr length ) ,I need to attach some light weight material to a length of 6mm steel rod/bar , I have found what I am wanting ,but I don't know what it is called or if I an purchase a length of it to cut into smaller pieces .
Attached pictures are are the clip forms from a Lawnmower Grass box ! .

cheers

Spike

Attachments

• Grass box showing clips 2.jpg
    Grass box showing clips 2.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 122
  • Grass box showing clips.jpg
    Grass box showing clips.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 92
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
My first thought would be to use pyro cable clips - especially if strength is needed.
John :)
Hi John
Thanks for your reply , but I need to clip them onto the 6mm bar and un-clip them when needed , so the clip part has to be open to clip onto bar and the clip needs to be at least 75mm in width to fix along the material securely so that there is a good area to hold the material ! .
might be able to do something with them though .
cheers
spike

Why not sew some velcro to the material & wrap it around the bar to fix & unwrap to remove.

Hi jj
Tks for reply , yes that is a good idea, thinking out of the box ! .
I believe we have solved the problem.
Just a thought though, is velcro not bought as a sort of male n female strip ( 2 pc ) ! .
Cheers
Spike

Yes but you could sew a piece of both parts to the material & use the hook side to wrap around the bar then grip back on to the wool piece next to where it is fixed ( if you understand my meaning).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back