plastic elbow/spigot fitting copper to copper pipe run

Here here Softus.

I use all materials but find plastic particulally usefull if the pipework is going to be boxed in......no joints mean no leaks or future leaks.

As Softus states its about calling on experience and useing the most suitable pipwork for the job and to suit the customers pocket and needs.

After all if the product really was as crap as this narrowminded chap is saying , would it really be available at every plumbers merchants in the country? Lets not forget it has been used on the continent for about 40 years and it is installed more across europe than copper is. Like condensing boilers you better get used to seeing, working and installing it as it will soon be call any reasonable customer can afford.

Sponsored Links
You two just don't get it.

Once again in very plain English since you fail to understand each time I explain.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHETHER PLASTIC PUSHFIT PIPEWORK IS INSTALLED AS PER THE MANUFACTURERS INSTRUCTIONS IT STILL HAS A SIGNIFICANT FAILURE RATE DUE TO MANUFACTURING DEFECTS

How many times do you encounter manufacturing faults with copper fittings - very rarely - probably never.

HarrogateGas you astound me in your nieveness, plumbers merchants sell what their customers want and products that provide the highest markup. My local heating merchant still sells significant numbers of cheap band D boilers - most fitted by the unregistered. Its perfectly legal for them to sell such boilers. They don't sell a single quality lockshield valve - no customers are interested in buying quality products. They will sell pushfit if there is a demand for it - they don't give a t**s about quality.
Presumerably a merchant sold these rubbish shower cubicles.

As for Europe you obviously don't get about much - clearly never visited the place - the building standards in many European countries are abysmal - just look at the property programs to get an idea, the plumbing and electrical standards are way behind us.

I am well aware of pushfit - I spend enough time ripping it out where it has failed.

Gasguru said:
You two just don't get it.
Starting to feel outnumbered, perchance?

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHETHER PLASTIC PUSHFIT PIPEWORK IS INSTALLED AS PER THE MANUFACTURERS INSTRUCTIONS IT STILL HAS A SIGNIFICANT FAILURE RATE DUE TO MANUFACTURING DEFECTS
No it doesn't. Where are your facts? And I don't mean some chats with some blokes at an exhibition, I mean either published figures or first hand experience.

How many times do you encounter manufacturing faults with copper fittings - very rarely - probably never.
Since you ask, I find more Yorkshire solder ring fittings with missing solder than I find Hepworth fittings with any defects. I also find many brass compression fittings that have missing or damaged olives.

My local heating merchant still sells significant numbers of cheap band D boilers - most fitted by the unregistered. Its perfectly legal for them to sell such boilers. They don't sell a single quality lockshield valve - no customers are interested in buying quality products. They will sell pushfit if there is a demand for it - they don't give a t**s about quality.
My local merchant - the one I use the most - sells John Guest, Hepworth, Prestex, Yorkshire, and Brett Martin - all top quality brands.

Presumerably a merchant sold these rubbish shower cubicles.
Once again your readiness to clutch at assumptions and presumptions is leading you astray. All you needed to do was click on the link in that other topic and you'd see where it was sold. It was actually by an offshoot of a glazing company, not a plumbers' merchant. Your prejudice is becoming laughable.

I am well aware of pushfit - I spend enough time ripping it out where it has failed.
Good - in that case you're well placed to describe in what way the components are failing. But you haven't; you've just wittered on about what other people experience and things that you've chatted to people about.

To be blunt, you're just a charlatan.

just wanted to say , i`ve used Hep20 for years , never had a fault other than a connection which I had not pushed on far enough . Then there was no fault .

Its a great product and it has its place within the market .

Arf .

Sponsored Links
arfurrrr said:
just wanted to say , i`ve used Hep20 for years , never had a fault other than a connection which I had not pushed on far enough . Then there was no fault .

Its a great product and it has its place within the market .

Arf .

Nice one!

This guy having a go at it is blaming plastic pipeing manufactuerers but in fact he should be pointing the finger to the poor workmanship from when it was originaly installed, ive said all along that if it is correctly intsalled it is fine, it just HAS to be correctly installed.

[For those looking now, none of the previous installers seem to RTFI, follow the correct installation method, then hydraulically test the system upto 10 bar in some cases to ensure all the grab rings have worked and that they are pushed on correctly and all should be ok. If there has been a manufacturing fault in the past, this would have been dealt by now. Plastic works very well when installed correctly and has been reliable in all my work.

Poor workmanship leads to poor results fact!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back