Plastic float to prevent scratching uPVC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What sort of float is used when plastering/skimming around uPVC windows so the white uPVC doesn't get scratched by a steel float? I looked on Screwfix but maybe I wasn't using the right search term, I couldn't find anything that looked right.

Tnx

Dain

Sponsored Links
Its simply a light touch to trowel up to any frame or trim and make a neat contact - a steel trowel is fine but if you feel better with a float then there are lots of cheap "plastic plastering floats" out there.

Its simply a light touch to trowel up to any frame or trim and make a neat contact - a steel trowel is fine but if you feel better with a float then there are lots of cheap "plastic plastering floats" out there.

A plastic option should be there, just for doing the edges touching the uPVC. Steel always scratches.

Sponsored Links
If you mean the window facings it is easier to take them off.

Dont remove the Pvc frame trim - thats a nuts idea. Can you imagine a plasterer doing that with all the frames in a detached house.
Thats less than amateur hour advice, its just nuts.

Dont remove the Pvc frame trim - thats a nuts idea. Can you imagine a plasterer doing that with all the frames in a detached house.
What about a semi or terraced ?

[QUOTE="tell80, post: 5169316,] member: Can you imagine a plasterer doing that with all the frames in a detached house.[/QUOTE]

And the radiators, sockets, architraves and switch plates.. Amateurs eh :confused:.

I'm so sorry that I've got you all worked up to the point of one of your posts doesn't make sense in the context of the thread - and your other post is a blank.
As for the plural "amateurs" hopefully you dont refer to yourself as more than one? If so, you should not be attempting to give advice on here.

Please say exactly why you seem to think I'm wrong? Your objections should be technical.

hopefully you dont refer to yourself as more than one? If so, you should not be attempting to give advice on here.
and how many aliases have you had tell/ ree vinn etc etc.:ROFLMAO: technically you're a narcissist or a sociopath or a multiple personality person. Just saying, go figure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back