Plastic flue pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Intergas make a chimney lining kit for this application. I believe Vokera do as well
muggles, I was looking at the Intergas installation instructions. Max flue length is 10m. Fine within limits. The plume extension can be 7m. The normal concentric flue can run into the chimney flue. Then the thin and more flexible plume tube can run up the chimney flue to a maximum of 7m. The plume tube terminal will be secured at the top of the chimney at chimney pot. The chimney will be open so air will run down the chimney and into the concentric flue. I do not see any regs being contravened.

The Intergas is favourable as it is reliable and has a an excellent flow rate.

Sponsored Links
Intergas make a chimney lining kit for this application. I believe Vokera do as well
muggles, I was looking at the Intergas installation instructions. Max flue length is 10m. Fine within limits. The plume extension can be 7m. The normal concentric flue can run into the chimney flue. Then the thin and more flexible plume tube can run up the chimney flue to a maximum of 7m. The plume tube terminal will be secured at the top of the chimney at chimney pot. The chimney will be open so air will run down the chimney and into the concentric flue. I do not see any regs being contravened.

:rolleyes: I have absolutely no idea where to start on this Drivel...

:rolleyes: I have absolutely no idea where to start on this Drivel...
For you to start with, can you tell me where it is breaking the regs? You may find it is not and you may be prattling drivel. ;) The plume extension kit is extending the plume, no more than that. In this case inside a chimney not in the open air. It is not exceeding the length. Air flow into the combi is not restricted.

Last edited:
So why don't you just go and do it then?
That is an option. It appears not to break any regs. The plume extension lengths are about the same prices as concentric lengths. The plume extension lengths are more flexible.

It seems few have experience here of these sorts of flue arrangements. Dannyboy may say he has - but hasn't really. He says those sort of things. ;)

So why don't you just go and do it then?
That is an option. It appears not to break any regs. The plume extension lengths are about the same prices as concentric lengths. The plume extension lengths are more flexible.

It seems few have experience here of these sorts of flue arrangements. Dannyboy may say he has - but hasn't really. He says those sort of things. ;)

Can you tell us what flue classification you are planning on fitting?
And yes, I've fitted one or two over the years. More legally than you're planning to as well (y)

Dannyboy, this will all be done legally. All within regs. Your advice is not needed. Nothing to so with your looks though. Looking at your picture, if you came to my pace to give an estimate, I would keep it short and and get you out ASAP. You must have lost a lot of business. :(

No need mate. Sitting here watching the f1 in the bosom of my family having a chuckle at your expense.

Life's good too, especially with my b23 flue ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back