Plastic Grass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having just done the 2017 first cut I feel I might be (or about to be) too old for this grass caper, I'm sure the feeling will pass. In the meantime can any-one recommend a good substitute for the real stuff.
My grass is "unrefined", I live near to a wood, it's a mixture of rye and weeds. I would like a most natural look, not manicured, it would get very little wear and the site is sloping.
Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Looks nice (and expensive), will have to measure up and work out some costs.

There used to be ( and probably still are ) two types of plastic grass.

One was designed to be hard wearing for public areas where there wpuld be a lot of people walking across it. The other type was far less hard wearing and was suitable for areas where bare skin might be sliding across it.

The hard wearing type used to ( and may still ) lacerate skin so was not suitable for an area where children would be playing,

Sponsored Links
The Mother in Law has just had this laid in her garden. Looks like a bloody greengrocers barrow. Utter shyte but we did warn her to ask/see what she would be getting before ordering it. She took no notice and just left it to the landscaper to lay what he thought best. Total waste of money - looks like plastic and it crackles like a carpet made of crisp packets when you walk on it. My next door neighbour has had it laid and it looks like a real lawn. If you are getting this, buy the best.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back