Plastic heating pipe stuff question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will attach a photo below but here is what I would like to know.

I have a small radiator in my kitchen and I need to replace with a bigger one, what i need to know is what kind of plastic pipe would I need to do this as there seems to be loads of types about, I dont want to use copper as I am not a plumber and will probably burn the wall getting the existing bend off enough anyway.
I just want to take off the old copper fitting and do everything with 15mm plastic pipe as it will always be easy to get to in case it leaks, my other question is I need to bend it a bit to go around an existing plug socket and wondered if this is best done by using them 45 degree fittings, the potterton boiler I have has an expansion vessel which when I refill I understand I need to fill to about 1.3 bar.

Will now add photo which shows the new radiator on wall and in the background the old one and that damn plug socket.

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers

Ian

New radiator to be old one in background (just)

Existing pipe connections coming though wall
[/img]

that socket I need to go around

Sponsored Links
Bit of a difficult one for a beginner Ian but I'd consider turning that 90 deg copper elbow through 180 deg and point it downwards, then run your new pipe at floor level, if you don't want to remove the skirting and run the pipe behind.
Anyway, you need 'barrier' plastic pipe for your job, complete with the steel or plastic inserts. Brass compression fittings will happily connect to plastic (with inserts) and they have the advantage of being much smaller.
Personally here I'd go for copper.
John :)

Hi John

Thanks for the info yes of course I could just use a compression fitting for the bit coming out of the wall duh!

You got me wondering about using copper now also. I was not to worried about the size of the push fit connectors as this part of the kitchen wall is hidden.

Anyway thanks again for the advice and the name of the pipe.

Cheers

Ian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back