Plastic heating pipes in kingspan floor isulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im about to put a new heating system in my bungalow renovation, as part of the renovation I am going to add 100mm kingspan in between the floor joists.

Is it ok to channel out the kingspan either 22mm or 15mm and put the pipes in it where needed?
or is this not a good practice ? will the insulation have any corrosive effect on the plastic? and therefore be better being housed in some form of conduit?

Sponsored Links
Most wet UFH systems use plastic pipe laid on various makes of insulation (pipe and staples) so it shouldn't cause any problems, as you say most pipe manufacturers produce a conduit system available in coils, that allow you to sleeve the pipe.
The conduit is normally used in solid floors to both protect the pipe and with the use of junction boxes, enables you to disconnect the pipe in the JB's pull the pipe out and feed a new pipe through the conduit and reconnect in the event of someone drilling through the pipe.
Much better than having to dig up the floor and trying to put a repair coupling in.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replys , I couldn't really see a problem but I wasn't sure so thought best to ask

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back