Plastic olives?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone can someone help me please pulled apart today my bathroom tap connected with 12mm copper to spout in the middle of the sink there is plastic olives tapered on one side flat on the nut side . Where can I buy these ? What are they called ? Is there a brass alternative?.the tap and spout won’t fit 15mm pipe ,the holes seem 14mm.thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I was fitting a new tap to the spout I was asking where you can buy these 12mm plastic barrel type olives as I can’t find them online.

They are not normal plumbing parts. It sounds as if they may be specific to the tap set you have. If that's the case you need to get on to the manufacturer and see if they can supply.

If not then:

1. Possibly get a 12mm brass olive and file one side down flat. Not easy to do.
OR
2. You are probably faced with what durhamplumber suggested.

Sponsored Links
They are not normal plumbing parts. It sounds as if they may be specific to the tap set you have. If that's the case you need to get on to the manufacturer and see if they can supply.

If not then:

1. Possibly get a 12mm brass olive and file one side down flat. Not easy to do.
Coarse emery paper on flat surface like a worktop, press down and move olive around in a figure of 8 direction and the olive will be flat enough

Cheers thanks for that moss5 they look the same as the plastic universal olives I have on the end of my 12mm copper. I could not believe how hard it is to buy 12mm copper tube apart from online no one stocks it near me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back