plastic or copper for cold water supply inside of the house

As I said earlier, I would go with plastic.

The plastic they use in Germany and the Netherlands is good for 16 bar, that is plenty for the 4.5bar that we get in the UK.

I don't know how a cricket bat can puncture a plastic pipe or split a fitting if it was on correctly in the first place. It sounds ludicrous.

Sponsored Links
If in the idea world, I believe the plastic will be working well, may be better than copper in a lab. However, all sort of accidents may happen, for example, the mice eat plastic, children may throw things on plastic etc. etc.. Engineer cannot calculate all this possible incidents by a perfect formula unfortunately. I appreciate you provided useful information which help me a lot. Thank you.

The plastic they use in Germany and the Netherlands is good for 16 bar, that is plenty for the 4.5bar that we get in the UK.

I don't know how a cricket bat can puncture a plastic pipe or split a fitting if it was on correctly in the first place. It sounds ludicrous.

the white solvent weld stuff they use in the states is good as well
rigid as copper but as easy to joint as plastic

16 bar my ass i will have a pint of whatever your drinkin bonny lad :rolleyes:

I would suggest you have a look on the OBI or bauhaus websites and then confirm what the max pressure is, then go for a drink.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back