Plastic pipe fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im repairing a leak on some 70s plastic 1/2 durapipe, similar to polyorc.
I have glued on a fitting i had for it which has a 1/2 Bsp thread in the end, parallel thread.
I was wondering which is the best fitting for this to go to 15 mm copper, i have wound in an iso valve i had with some ptfe tape and it has a slight leak.
Im not willing to go mad tightening it yet as i only glued it this morning and dont want the water off again!

Attachments

• 20230819_153821.jpg
    20230819_153821.jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 57
Sponsored Links
Im repairing a leak on some 70s plastic 1/2 durapipe, similar to polyorc.
I have glued on a fitting i had for it which has a 1/2 Bsp thread in the end, parallel thread.
I was wondering which is the best fitting for this to go to 15 mm copper, i have wound in an iso valve i had with some ptfe tape and it has a slight leak.
Im not willing to go mad tightening it yet as i only glued it this morning and dont want the water off again!
If you put a spanner on the flats of the plastic fitting you can tighten more with little or no force on the glued joint. If that doesn't cure it, do it again with more PTFE.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I've ordered some more plastic/metal fittings now but I fitted the above coupler with some more ptfe and it's done the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back