plastic pipe instead of copper

Sponsored Links
o my god, shocking.i would do it in copper. why do people put plastic going to rad,looks blo-dy awful, goes well with the nice rad don't you think,not. why didn't he at least put copper from valve into wall then plastic,then you won't see any plastic ( as i expect you wanted),and do ( as said by madrab) use saddle clips which won't be to thick to cover. also i wouldn't install pipes so low then you wouldn't have to do anything with skirting board , chase the wall properly above skirting board.i think the rad valves are even at an angle. not a finish i would be happy with to be honest. The situation with the plumber all depends if you wanted the job done on the cheap so only you know where you stand regards payment and plumber.

This is why you get told to get more than one quote. A single brick wall is 100mm thick, and with a 15mm pipe, you'd need to cut in about 25 maybe 30mm, so you're not going to be weakening the wall. If the plumber has a channeling machine and a wet and dry vac, then there shouldn't be too much dust, and it's damn quick. If he hasn't got the equipment, and you can handle the dust, then a 125mm angle grinder and a diamond blade will cut the channel just as well. Then you wrap the pipes in the foam or material pipe wrap, drop them into the walls, and just use a couple of nails to hold them in place whilst you cement them in.

Basically, he didn't do what you wanted, and then didn't even do what he said he was going to do, so there's no real reason to pay him for the work. Broken contract on his part.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back