Plastic push-fit and radiator valve connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm in the process of burying all of my central heating Pipework into my walls and have decided to use poly pipe and push fit fittings to do this with. I'm currently stuck at what I do with my connections for my rad valves - do I want 'tap connectors'?

Sponsored Links
Not the best idea to bury push fit couplings in the walls IMO. If there is a problem with them later, it would be difficult to access.
Where you connect the pipework to the rad valves then they should be normal compression fittings?
Post a pic of the end of the valve you wish to connect to.

None of the actual fittings will be buried in the walls, just the Pipework.

I don't know how to upload a picture, but they're all standard 3/4" threaded radiator valves. These were a compression fitting before, but I don't know how to marry the two? It must be possible, because I have seen it done before.

Still not sure what you are trying to do. Are you removing the valves off the rads so you want to connect the pipes direct to the rad tails for some reason(red arrows)?? Otherwise it should just be a case of connecting the pipe into the bottom of the valve via the normal compression fitting (green arrows)?

View media item 70125

Sponsored Links
Yes - green arrows. Can I just use compression fittings on the plastic pipe then? Assumed I wouldn't be able to!

Can I just use compression fittings on the plastic pipe then? Assumed I wouldn't be able to!

I have recently done my CH pipework with polypipe (BTW, I hope you're using barrier pipe), but anything visible was done in copper, as PP isn't straight or stiff, and looks crap when exposed. You can push 15mm copper straight into PP pushfit fittings, and you can use PP with normal compression fittings too - just make sure that as already said you use pipe inserts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back