Plastic switch earthing query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About to attempt an installation of 2 wall spot lights, with power being taken from an existing double wall socket which is earthed. After heeding advice given to another poster, I have used 2.5mm T & E from the socket to a 13 amp connection unit (should this be fitted with a 3 amp fuse?), and 1.5mm T & E from there, onto the switches, and finally the lights themselves.
The switches I am using are 'Homebase Single Switch with 16mm Back Box' (all plastic), and are 6 amp, 1 gang, 2 way. There is an earth terminal incorporated into the back of the switch, but I am unsure if I need to connect to this, having already earthed at the 13 amp connection unit.
Could someone have a look at the diagram and photo below, and let me know if I have wired this up correctly BEFORE i switch the power back on!
Many thanks in advance.
switch_wiring.jpg

earth_photo.jpg

Sponsored Links
you must have green / yellow sleaving on the earth wire (bend it in half, put on sleaving then 1 single choc bloc)

assuming you have put the live and neutrals in the fcu load side, put a 3A fus in it, all is well (providing you do not squash the cables when you put everything back) nice clear pic too

Alternatively, cut the earth wire, slip on some green and yellow sleaving and connect the two parts of the earth wire to the earth terminal in the back box.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back