Plastic Tile Edging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've read that it's stuck down with the tile adhesive as you go, but as a novice I was thinking it may be easier if it was already there? and tile upto?
Thinking of sticking with a contact adhesive the day before tiling?

Would that be easier or destined for trouble?

Sponsored Links
I would say destined for trouble. Most tilers would fit the edging when they reached the desired finished height etc. If you fixed it to the wall first and then tiled up to it and found it was too low or too high, problems.

Roughcaster.

Hey DH. tiling trim is is applied with tile adhesive. You should leave your top row of tiles when completing a section of the wall the trim will run across. When you get round to finishing the top/ row section place your trim into position then tile in in one go. Better still leave the top row till the very last. The adhesive shouldn't go off that quickly so it will give you chance to make slight adjustments if need be. Theres a lot involved in tiling and its easy to make a cock up so read up on the subject first if your not 100%. Knowing the right place to start in a room takes time. Hope this helps?

Sponsored Links
I do think your right

It's the boxed in pipes that I was thinking about fixing the trim, the box is 90mm out and 180 up from the floor, sounds like its easier to tile the face of the box then tile the top, never thought of that :oops:

I guess a good eye is needed here

Advice taken ;)

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back