Please Delete: Samsung RS21JLBG Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We seem to have been lucky with this model in that it has operated fine with only a couple of issues for over 10 years including a fan replacement. However, the same thing is happening again and it is not that easy this time as I have been told that Samsung don't make parts any longer. I believe it's the same fan issue as the fridge is noisy and when you open it the fan stops and makes a death rattle kind of noise. The fridge shows the temperature is ok but when I rebooted it, it was much higher at 10c. When I call big repair companies they tell me they won't touch it with a barge pole.

Question I have is can I source the part, second hand or aftermarket and if I do are their tradesmen who would fit it or would I be able to do it myself? I am pretty handy but no DIY god like some people on this forum, I have changed a fan on an oven before. At a minimum I think I would need someone to help me move it as the door doesn't open wide enough to get the shelves fully out. That said, I wonder if I could change it by pulling out the shelves as far as they would go?

It's not so much the cost of the new appliance but the grief of getting the old one out and a new one in!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back