PLEASE HELP!!! 4G DIMMER SWITCH??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

i have a question about this dimmer switch that i hope someone can clear up for me....

Basically i am installing 4 sets of lighting methods for my house = (8x 50w mains downlights-gu10) + (2x 60w wall lights) + (room2= 6x 50w mains downlights-gu10) + (2x 60w wall lights).

im not sure what 4g dimmer is capable of controling my setup.??

4*250w ... would this be appropriate? or would i need a 4*400w (if such exists) as my set of 8*50w lights =400w to that switch.?

dont have a clue, need clearing up, any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

thanks.

Sponsored Links
Maybe your best bet would be to go with a grid switch, and fit the correct rating dimmer for each arrangement,

It's just a thought.

You have to double up for halogens, so your 8 x50w mains halogens would need at least an 800w dimmer, or split them 4 + 4 over two 400w ones.

-Dan

Why do you have to double up for halogen downlights? What would happen if he just ran 4x50W lights to a 250W dimmer and the same for the other four downlights?

Sponsored Links
I dunno why, I suspect something to do with their very low cold resistance maybe. But you do have to do it, unless the dimmers have already been derated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back