Please help -at my wits end

Sponsored Links
The engineer has called the meter people in trans-something...
Vestite :?:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
LOL! Apparently they are National Grid now!

3 visits from them and 6 visits from BG engineer and still the boiler will not combust in a morning off the timer. :(

Been told by NG today the meter is past it's life, its over 10yrs old and has an "F" showing for 'faulty battery'. Really dont see how that can affect the boiler though.
I now have to get BG to change the meter. Trying to find the correct dept to contact is almost impossible!
Ani

Sponsored Links
Think I'd be better off asking Santa to come fix it...more likelihood of it actually being done!

Not sure if you have done this before!

Get to boiler in the morning BEFORE it starts for heating!

Turn on two large gas hob burners on cooker.

Waych burners when boiler starts! See if the flame dips in size much? If so momentarily or stays lower?

Tony

Not sure if you have done this before!

Get to boiler in the morning BEFORE it starts for heating!

Turn on two large gas hob burners on cooker.

Waych burners when boiler starts! See if the flame dips in size much? If so momentarily or stays lower?

Tony
Yep done Tony...no difference, so dont think the suggestion of meter valve was correct but the BG engineer says it can only be the meter now. :(

Dont know if this makes any difference but to get the boiler to ignite in a morning we have to turn off and back on at mains electric switch AND run the hot water tap.
Switching mains on/off doesn't work unless we also run the tap. Most times we have to turn tap on/off several times.
Ani xx

OK, so National Grid came out for a third time. I need a new meter because the battery is faulty.
Boiler has worked OK for the last week or so but 6pm tonight, luckily just after the child had a bath, the hot water stops heating.
I took the cover off the front of the boiler, to see if the gas was lighting. It lights for about 30 seconds and then dies.
Can't get it to light and stay lit.
The wind has got a bit fierce tonight????
Ani :(

Ok had a quick skip through and as stated earlier your boiler shouldn't be affected by high winds
Has anybody actually tested the integrity of the flue?

Ok had a quick skip through and as stated earlier your boiler shouldn't be affected by high winds
Has anybody actually tested the integrity of the flue?
The BG engineer took the flue apart and checked the outside bit and said it was fine.
Its just weird that the boiler is only faulty when its below zero or very windy.
Thanks
Ani

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back