tenant needing advice please

Just out of interest, have you got your 'pink copy' of the gas safety certificate for this boiler. This should show you who and when checked it last.

Hi tryitandsee

The boiler was checked by bg on 8th sept.

They stated a new boiler was recomended due to parts no longer being available so they could not repair it and they gave him a cost to replace the boiler and pipe work as not a certain mm so would need replacing also.

The pink slip was then given to the landlord when he was given the quote. The landlord then told me what he intended to do after bg left and I am still waiting for him to do the work over 2 months later.

Sponsored Links
Two months is a ridiculous amount of time to wait for a repair.

Difficult one to speed up the Landlords response. He obviously feels put out at the thought of paying out for a new boiler, that he thinks can be repaired. I guess this boiler is technically gas safe, but does not have the control it was designed with.

I assume you have got your deposit with the DPS (Deposit Protection Service) or some other organisation. This can be disputed with them if you feel you are paying more in heating over and above what it should be because of non working controls etc. All time consuming and not sorting your immediate problem!

A good Landlord will normally have a heating engineer to keep things going, but this guy appears not to have.

If your happy with the property and all else, perhaps more persuasion to the Landlord is necessary. Perhaps a letter to Landlord recording your problem giving him a time to fix and then stop paying your 'extra over costs' from the rent each month. This may sharpen his decision making :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back