gas certificates for building inspector?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just getting round to getting the building inspector back in to sign off the new extension.

We had a couple of gas safe guys work on the job. The first one installed a new boiler etc. and we got the paperwork through for that. Got another guy in because the first guy was now too busy subbing for BG to call back (despite the promise). The second guy did the gas cooker and a gas fire (relocated in move not new appliances) and said we woud receive the paperwork. No certs arrived so called him back a couple of weeks ago, he said he would pop them through the door, no certs. Missus called him and he seemed to be confused asking if we wanted landlord's certificates.

To be honest I'm confused, I know you have to have a gas safe register bloke to do these jobs, but what should he (or the register) be giving me to show the the local BCI i.e. to show that we used the Corgi/gas safe register guy for the work?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I figure there must be a cert otherwise why insist such work be carried out (former Corgi) GSR fitter. I didn't get his badge number, otherwise I could check with GS to make sure he has got cooker and fires on his list of competencies. The delay makes me wonder if he has been a bit ( a lot) naughty fitting things by rights he should not.

A bit late now I know, but the second guy does all the work & inspections etc for a mate's rental properties, so was recommended.

I guess if Agile was around on the forum he could answer this chapter and verse.

Anyone else know the correct answer?

Thanks

Only the fire is notifiable ( because it has a flue ).

Tell him you want a Cert from Gas Safe etc. And NOT one he writes although you could ask for one of those for the cooker.

Tony

I figure there must be a cert otherwise why insist such work be carried out (former Corgi) GSR fitter. I didn't get his badge number, otherwise I could check with GS to make sure he has got cooker and fires on his list of competencies. The delay makes me wonder if he has been a bit ( a lot) naughty fitting things by rights he should not.

A bit late now I know, but the second guy does all the work & inspections etc for a mate's rental properties, so was recommended.

Thanks
An invoice or receipt with his name and GS number would suffice for the cooker work. Since he works for your friend and presumably issues landlord certs then his GS number will be on one of those bits of paper which your mate has to hand no doubt.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Tony and Great Bear,

I will ask my mate to get his badge number off my mates certs, then check with the Gas safe register. However, I don't want to drop him in it, but I do want the extension signing off by building control.

Cheers thanks a lot.

Pedro26";p="1883736 said:
Thanks Tony and Great Bear,

I will ask my mate to get his badge number off my mates certs, then check with the Gas safe register. However, I don't want to drop him in it, but I do want the extension signing off by building control.

Cheers thanks a lot.[/quote
]

Frankly, if he's working outside of his registerred competencies, he's letting you, and others, down, and deserves to be dropped in it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back