Please Help BAXI BAHAMA

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler will not fire up, pump and fan run.

Followed baxi crap fault finding and replaced flow switch and flame detection.

Nothing! Still not firing up.

Just by chance tried to fire boiler with combustion chamber cover off hey presto it works a treat!

Shut it down replaced all panels and guess what nowt again.

So stripped it down fired up with out panel and then fitted panel whilst running, flame went very yellow then boiler shut down.

Need your help guys as I'm on my way to being corgi gas safe but baxi will not divulge any info until i have my number.

Cheers

Rich

Sponsored Links
baxi will not divulge any info until i have my number.
neither will we on here, the cc is where to get gas info - but you'll need your GSR No to get in there as well.

baxi will not divulge any info until i have my number.
neither will we on here, the cc is where to get gas info - but you'll need your GSR No to get in there as well.

That doesn't help! I'm very compliant with all the regs my mate looks after all my gas certification to keep everything above board but he ain't interested in fault finding on boilers.

This is one of my long standing clients, the boiler heats a swimming pool, thats what we do, and I just need the info to be able to organise spares for him.

If its as simple as talking rubbish and supplying his number then thats what well do but I'd rather not be in that position.

So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Whilst on the subject why do you gas guys get so uptight about it all....it makes a total mockery of the regs and the money paid to corgi/gas safe by you guys when any joe off the street can buy a gas boiler or spares for one from a merchant or B & Q without any proof of those qualifications.

Just a thought!

cynically I doubt anyone will assist but lets see

the world and his wife are "competent" because they've repaired their own boiler before or are a car mechanic etc etc etc. Some of these people, I'm sure, are very able but the problem is the ones that are not, unfortunately there is no way of knowing who is who, and also the idiots can read the posts that give advice to the gooduns.
Because of this I will not give advice, on a public forum, on gas matters.
I often don't give advise on other matters that I know/suspect the answers due to the apparent lack of knowledge/common sense of the poster.

Sponsored Links
the world and his wife are "competent" because they've repaired their own boiler before or are a car mechanic etc etc etc. Some of these people, I'm sure, are very able but the problem is the ones that are not, unfortunately there is no way of knowing who is who, and also the idiots can read the posts that give advice to the gooduns.
Because of this I will not give advice, on a public forum, on gas matters.
I often don't give advise on other matters that I know/suspect the answers due to the apparent lack of knowledge/common sense of the poster.

Very Honourable and appreciated. Ta

Glad you appreciate it and not see it as a holier than thou type post.

Good luck with your registration mate hope it goes well, theyll probably even cover this in the practical

Get a gas safe installer out if its a good customer, better for everybody!!

let me get this right...your working on a customers boiler(for profit), but your not registered to work on gas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back