BAXI BAHAMA BOILER PROBLEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help Please. Have a baxi Bahama 100 which is faulty. When turning on either a hot water tap or Central Heating the boiler lights up momentarily (does actually fire up as I can clearly see in the boiler inspection window) but after a few seconds switches off and will repeat this time and time again but of course I have no heat or hot water.
Thanks
Dave

Sponsored Links
Help Please. Have a baxi Bahama 100 which is faulty

Yes this tends to be a very common problem ;)
Difficult to say what it is without seeing it and doing some diagnostics but I would put pretty good money on the flow switches playing up.
Sometimes you can take them out,, clean them up and pop them back and they work, which is a nice free repair and diyable :D
If you have the manufacturers instructions it should give some instruction on how to remove the switches. I usually find its the ch pump flow switch that plays up most. One of the Baxi lads might be able to chip in with some info later on

firstly I'd recommend a new boiler (something decent like a Vaillant) and yes it does sound like a flow switch problem. taking them out and cleaning is best but if u have a strong magnet just holding this next to them and moving up and down can sometimes help free them off.

Sponsored Links
Thermisters awful on these junk piles too........ did one today with exactly this problem , thermister going open circuit as soon as boiler gets a glimmer of heat.

Ten years Bahama has been out I've never had to change the NTC sensor!

Thanks a lot for the answers so far. Today had a good another go at it and now have different symptons.
1. Removed both flow switches and cleaned and tested both OK.
2. Removed and flushed out DHW heat exchanger.
3. Checked that fan starts runs OK. also lubricated to be sure.
Turn on and Now - CH OK but DHW not. sometimes will run for a while if CH has been on.
HOWEVER boiler will only continue to burn if the combustion Chamber outer cover is off, put it back on and boiler cuts out pretty much as soon as it lights up.???
Now what?
Dave

Thanks a lot for the answers so far. Today had a good another go at it and now have different symptons.
1. Removed both flow switches and cleaned and tested both OK.
2. Removed and flushed out DHW heat exchanger.
3. Checked that fan starts runs OK. also lubricated to be sure.
Turn on and Now - CH OK but DHW not. sometimes will run for a while if CH has been on.
HOWEVER boiler will only continue to burn if the combustion Chamber outer cover is off, put it back on and boiler cuts out pretty much as soon as it lights up.???
Now what?
Dave

now you should take it off the wall and weigh it in at the scrapyard. put what you get towards a decent boiler!

Air Box Door removed and boiler runs (at least CH does now).
Despite all the comments useful or not can anyone explain why the boiler only stays alight with the Air Box Door off, is this because the fan can't cope with the sealed chamber or any other reason?
Dave

I am not going to tell you anything that might encourage you to do anything which you are not competent for.

You should not have even opened the "air box".

As said, you need a competent CORGI.

Tony

Still need to know - not just smug answers. It is not rocket science just a gas boiler, and certainly no more dangerous than the electric systems I work on all day.

Still need to know - not just smug answers. It is not rocket science just a gas boiler, and certainly no more dangerous than the electric systems I work on all day.

ok if you insist but at your own risk. The 1/2" bsp fluffell valve needs greasing. it's behind the flametrap.

it may be no more dangerous than your electrical systems but it is diferent and the dangers are also diferent, thats why you should leave it alone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back