Please help! Confused about boiler flue and conservatory!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help I have never posted on here before and I am in desperate need of some advice!

I have a ideal classic FF240 fanned flued boiler, the flue goes through the external rear wall to the garden. We are having a conservatory built with a full height wall to the side nearest the flue. We have paid a deposit to the Company (£1,350) but when their Surveyor visted he said that the flue needs to be at least 300mm from anything including the new wall. There are to be no openings on the new wall but the wall will be approx 200mm from the centre of the flue. We have had a number of conflicting opinions about the minimum distance needed! I am worried that we can't have the Conservatory and we will lose our deposit! The conservatory company don't seem to give a s**t and I am so worried! We have saved so hard for this conservatory!

Could anyone offer any advice please! Thanks x

Sponsored Links
have you got the GC no of the boiler? the 240FF is not condensing. Its imperative we have the correct model to give you the correct advice.

Really sorry my partner got me to type it and got it wrong! The GC is 4138702. I have edited my first post! Thanks

sorry, can't find manual for this boiler. If you can get hold of a copy, you should find the distances from various points the flue needs to be. Always best to check with the MIs as they don't always match up with the industry standards.
Hopefully some lurker will have a manual..

Sponsored Links
Generally the FF classics dont need anywhere near 300mm from an internal corner. How close will the nearest openable window be

Just checked the manual

Minimum flue clearance from internal or external corners is 25mm.

Looks like you should be ok providing there is no opening nearby.

Ian

Even if there would be a problem with the flue, you would not loose the deposit. The builders have a legal obligation to make sure nothing they do compromises an existing gasinstallation, any problems are the responsibility of their surveyor/designer.

Thanks Ian (Elkato531) Can you confirm 25mm as the minimum from an external corner? P.S nearest opening would be about 2 meters away!

Thanks again.

Hi STU2425,

Quoting from manufacturers instructions table on flue terminals positions

"From internal or external corners minimum distance 25mm (1")

You can probably download the manual via ideals website if you need the evidence in black and white.

Ian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back