Please help-cost of extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm new here so please go easy.

As the title says, cost of extension, we've just been given full planning approval for a porch, 2 story side extension and rear sunroom..that's the good news

Could some one please tell me what I could be paying in terms of labour as I've already got a quote for all the materials for the extension..sorry but I'm really pulling my hair out as I did 1 quote for £8.500 and another for £5000, why such a big difference

The 1st builder who quoted 8.5k for the porch, looked at the plans, sat down and spent app an hour discussing then said for the entire extension he thinks it's going to be app 55k but told me he will input all this data into a software and confirm a price..I waited 3 weeks nothing, then emailed me a quote of 75k+ not including all the work...
How much does a builder charge p/day..I'm prepared to do labour work as that's just about what I can do but I'm no builder...
Please can someone help ������

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Somewhere between £50-80k from the limited detail. A 1/3-1/2 of that will be materials depending specification.

If foreign labour, add a few thousand for rectifying defects in the short/medium term.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back