PLEASE HELP ME.. Tilt and Slide patio door broke

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
last night my worst fears were confirmed, went to open the door and the handle gave and just turned 360. usually it goes from 12 to 6 12 down to 6 to lock and 6 back up anti clockwise to open.
I've took the handle off but thats as far as it goes, how can i get to unlock the multi point lugs so i can just get the door open, I've got no screwdrivers in the house, I'm looking at the shed through the glass, have no rear (watch it cheeky :p) access to go round the back. What can i do? Im at my wits end.
Thanks
Michelle

Sponsored Links
Can you remove any visible beading from the inside?
I'd suggest you take a plane of glass out using a putty knife/screwdriver, be careful not to damage the beading by 'over hammering' it with your fist.

I'd suggest something soft like a large cushion directly under the glass, on the floor, so you can rest it the glass on it, without chipping it, or damaging the floor.

Sponsored Links
I'd suggest something soft like a large cushion directly under the glass, on the floor, so you can rest it the glass on it, without chipping it, or damaging the floor.

Thanks when if we ever get this beading off the pane of glass is 6" by 4" so it will be a big cushion, its made harder as all the tools are in the shed

TBH I think you are going to want to get an expert in here, A locksmith or window company.
Tilt and slides are scarey to force open and tricky to find parts for. I have repaired a dozen or so in my 20 odd years of double glazing but I try to avoid them and wouldn't want to touch one without insurance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back