Please help - newbie with no idea needs advice!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was hoping someone cd give me an idea as to what we could do to improve the look of a house which we are interested in.

It is detached 1950's with 3/4 of the front brick built, but the other 1/4 is tile hung...and as my husband husband says looks like someone has just added on the other part in lego bricks and it looks like a dogs dinner!

I can send you a photo if it helps, I just cant work out how to attach a photo here.

A friend suggested it cd maybe be rendered all over but this is all double dutch to me.

Can anyone here suggest ways of making it looking prettier...and a very rough idea of cost? I would much appreciate it.

Many thanks
Sue

Sponsored Links
yeah pics please Reb and we'll see what can be done, sounds a little like a mansard type roof from the sound of it, could be wrong.

After 30mins I have sussed it. Wha-hey!
Have put photo in my album. I hope this helps.

Thanks
Sue

Sponsored Links
There's a lot of character in the brickwork of the house Sue. It would be a major job to render the property, and a major cost to go with it. It might even spoil the look of the place. What you need is a reputable local company, to come and look at the property in real time, and get some on the spot opinions/info, from them, as regards to what could be done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back