please help no hot water but I have some heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Potterton netaheat
I unblocked the feed from the header tank and thought I had solved my problem but things seem to be getting worse .

The boiler comes on and heats the water for the radiators then turns itself off when the correct temp is reached .

The pump appears to be a "slave" style pump on the cold side of the system .when the pump is pumping the water around the system It seems every now I can hear air going through the pump ( i could be wrong) the heating is ok . When i sit near the cylinder and feel the pipes the hot one gets hot but the lower one that goes to the motorised valve stays cold or get warm rarely . Meanwhile the other side of the valve is hot as its doing the heating .Also getting odd water dropping sound from within the cylinder I think
If I sit near the boiler in the kitchen I can hear trickling around the area of the inlet and outlet pipes but I cannot tell which .Suddenly the boiler starts up again
I have fully drained the system and filled back up with a strong chemical cleaner .The problem is exactly the same as before I drained the system .The only other thing thats odd is that I have one radiator that wont get hot but Its sort of on its own(away from the other three ) and was the one I drained the system through , and was causing problems as well before the drain .
I think it may be gunge in the coil .any idea s .time is running out and the wifes patience is pretty thin by now .I may have to call the proffessionals but Its a shame to have got so far without success
thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back