Please help problem with thermostatic mixer shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:(
Hi all I am new to the forum and am desperate to resolve this problem, I have a thermostatic mixer shower supplied by a combi boiler. It's Hudson reed if that helps
The fault is when I open the shower anymore than about 1/4 it cuts out, there is a clonk noise from inside and it cuts the water
The shower will run hot and cold providing I do not open the lever any more than 1/4 but something is obviously wrong.
I have included a link to my shower
http://www.ultra-group.co.uk/produc...udson Reed&types=2&rangeid=227&productid=3077
Please help!

Sponsored Links
which side does the hot water pipe go in, and which side the cold?
(see section 6 of the installation instructions)

who installed it?

did it ever work?

Hi yes it worked fine up until recently been installed for over a year have checked hot and cold connections are the right way round also

The clonk is probably the thermostatic failsafe closing the supply, it operates when the temp goes over 46c so if your water isint as hot as this then it means a new cartridge, as your shower is just over a year old I would contact hudson reed and explain whats happening, it should last longer than a year.

Sponsored Links
I wonder if he has just got the DHW temp up too high on the boiler?

They are not expected to be left at max!

Tony

Thanks for your replies if you are referring to the temp control on the boiler I have tried this on minimum and no joy, I feel I should add that the original fault occurred when the shower and the washing machine were on at the same time, which made me think it was possibly a flow problem but now it does it every time the shower is on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back