please help windows xp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a fujitsu siemen computer with windows xp recently been in comp shop to get new graphics card since then had problems when i turn it on the screen comes on but it takes about 5 mins for the icons to appear
can anyone suggest how to ammend it also since then my panda protection keeps saying it has expired

Sponsored Links
With regards the Panda AV reporting it's out of date - check the system clock in your task bar. The shop tech/power failure etc may have reset your BIOS - worth a quick look.

As for the graphics - right click My Computer/Properties/Hardware/DeviceManager/DisplayAdapter - expand it to show your graphics card - right click/properties - Driver information.

Check the driver version against that available from the manufacturers website - it may be the drivers installed by the shop are not the best.

If you have the option of newer drivers, download and unpack them - then uninstall the old ones, reboot the PC and point Windows to the newer version.

It does sound a driver issue with the recent installation of a new card - hopefully newer ones may help you out.

Keep us posted.

Regards

Homer

Sponsored Links
Back