Please help!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently refurbished my bathroom at some considerable cost and got a plumber mate to fit my new shower that i brought on line. The shower is a Cruz 3305 Thermostatic Concealed Shower Mixer with a flow control valve fitted above the mixer.

When it was plumbed in it worked fine so i boxed the pipe work in and expensively tiled around the fittings. The shower is only used by guests and has been sparingly used for 3 months. 2 weeks ago the shower pressure dropped massively and would only work when the thermostatic control was in the 'cold' position. My plumber mate came round and said that the shower pump was nackered and we would need a new one.

£ 300 later and the problem wasn't the shower pump!!! - My mate has only just qualified as a plumber and so i have had the thermostatic control apart from the front (I;m desperate not to take the tiles off!)

I have now managed to get the shower to produce hot water though the pressure is rubbish compared to the cold. I've got a 3 bar pump fitted. Do i need to replace the mixer? and should the mixer be fitted below the flow valve as it is at the mo or above it?

Please help cos i'm £300 down and heading into more cost to sort it out![/b]

Sponsored Links
WHere does the pump get its hot water from , exactly?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back