Please Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My husband fitted a radiator a while ago and sine then we are having constant water coming from our prv on our sime 90 combi - the radiators have been bled but our hot water is always luke warm and fluctuates- he has fitted the pipes on but not put them one higher than the other - how can we rectify this our pressure goes from 2 to 0 in about 1 hour. Please help

Sponsored Links
Hi
Checked the expoansion vessel as suggested in other part of forum and put my finger in the top[ and pressed the button and water shot out of it , my husband then turned the drain cock pipe valve and it stopped , what is hap[penning

Sponsored Links
It is a small copper thing about 4 inches tall like a small boiler with a car type valve on top and sits outside of the tank with a red bigger tank thing underneath, is this the expansion vessel and it is outside the boiler i think
My husband looked on the manual and he says it was the automatic air vent i put my finger in , any light on this, thanks ?? With a air seperator underneath

if it was the aav you will get water out

would still check the expansion vessel pressure tho

images

auto air vent ;)

I cant seem to find the expansion vessel i dont think, thanks for the diagram, shall i push the button down on it if i find it. Thanks

I have found it behind the boiler, how the hell do I get to it , do I and can I undo everything including the pipes to get to it !!

HI
I put my finger on the auto air valve valve and water came out as said above but now when we turn the boiler back on water keeps flowing out of it so we cant get the boiler back on and we have no ch or hw, in all this snow.. i porewssed the valve on the expansion vessel and air came out, is this ok ?
Thanks

Kim Reed wrote

I put my finger on the auto air valve valve and water came out as said above but now when we turn the boiler back on water keeps flowing out of it so we cant get the boiler back on and we have no ch or hw, in all this snow..
Go out to your car and remove the dust cap on the valve which holds the air in the tyre and screw it unto the AAV.
Now re-pressurise your boiler system and fire up the boiler.
Refer to the FAQ section.

i porewssed the valve on the expansion vessel and air came out, is this ok ?
Thanks
Sounds fine.
Rewfer to the FAQ section regarding re -pressurising.

If all this is ok afterwards what wopukld have caused my problem then as water is pouring out of the prv pipe outside when we increase the pressure from 0 to 2 then goes back to 0 after an hour or so
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back