Please take a look and tell me if I'm correct?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

attached are a couple of pics of my meter, incomer and tails.

having been reading up on the site lately I went for a look at my installation out of curiosity.

I appear to haev a 100Amp incomer.

The feeds to the meter are by the look of it bigger than the those from the meter to the CU.

I'm assuming 16m and 25mm respectively though they don't measure that thick (however looking in wicks the other day 10mm earth bonding cable isn't actually 10mm diameter either, so I assume it's not that easy)

So my first question is do you think I have identified them correctly? and secondly if I pulled 100Amps (I know thats unlikely in a domestic scenario, but still) are 16mm tails techincally sufficient?

I'm interested in both practically and from the regs point of view.

thanks in advance.

Mark.

DSCF0351.JPG

DSCF0350.JPG

Sponsored Links
anybody?

anyone tell me what actual diameter a 25mm and 16mm tail should be?

It also looks just like a TNCS/PME installation, with the earthing cables coming out of the side of the Service Fuse Block.

Sponsored Links
although it says 100 amp on the service fuse it may have 100 amp fitted, normal i think is 60amp

So you were one of two sad persons posting on Xmas Day!

Why were you worrying about your tails on this of all days? :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back