plg gas pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can i use two straight 15 mill compression fittings to extend the pipe by 1 metre in lenghth to connect a lpg bottle to a gas water boiler, and if so are they different from the standard compression fitting for 15mill hot and cold water

Sponsored Links
ARRRRGH! NEVER MESS WITH GAS! GET AN RGI to carryout the job PROPERLY. MACKLING things together leads to DEATH! :mad:

ARRRRGH! NEVER MESS WITH GAS! GET AN RGI to carryout the job PROPERLY. MACKLING things together leads to DEATH! :mad:

dont get too alarmed he lives in portugal and thats kinda the med, where standards dont exist just subsidies for olive groves that dont exist,
an area where the word qualified has no meaning and you buy a boiler off flea bay and install your self.

an area where they all where 10 gallon hats ride horses and shout yehaa when it comes to any kind of regulation or notion of safety.

Im sorry maverico but just dont seem to understand, I know you wont find a trades man over there and you will do it yourself, but please stop posting this dangerous type of questioning on a uk website, it misleads people who know no better than to misread posts and imagine its ok to do as you do, you got away with your boiler install, yes you are an ex pat and Im sure you have a degree of prowess in the work you take on.
but not everyone has your apparent natural skills or very good luck :eek:

you must agree that when some muppet reads on a site like this that they do their own gas work, :idea: :?: :!:

ooh whats to stop me having a go and saving a few bob?

do you enjoy reading things like this? :!: :!:

ok point taken , massage to all d i y people do not mess with gas in uk you will blow up your selves and everybody in the street

in fact i had a plumber call out who told me that he did not solder , and he actually works as a plumber for the local council over her, they compression fit everything

the local izi stores ,thats b q eqivelent here sells a full range of flexible gas pipe and compression fittings,yes bright yellow and used every day by lpg gas installers and any diy guy

also they connect flexi hoses direct in to boiling hot water boilers hence all the abuse and crap i had to take off certain posters on this forum when i asked if it is acceptable to do so,< no its not allowed in uk to do so>

cheers

Sponsored Links
ok point taken , massage to all d i y people do not mess with gas in uk you will blow up your selves and everybody in the street

in fact i had a plumber call out who told me that he did not solder , and he actually works as a plumber for the local council over her, they compression fit everything

the local izi stores ,thats b q eqivelent here sells a full range of flexible gas pipe and compression fittings,yes bright yellow and used every day by lpg gas installers and any diy guy

also they connect flexi hoses direct in to boiling hot water boilers hence all the abuse and rubbish i had to take off certain posters on this forum when i asked if it is acceptable to do so,< no its not allowed in uk to do so>

cheers

if you dirrect contact or help just ask as a friend and pm me
i know why you have to do what and why ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back