Plinth Heater which type and where to buy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We would like to buy a plinth heater to put underneath our kitchen that has more than one speed (flow rate) for heat that is not too noisy. Can anyone please advise what make is a good one to buy

Thanks

Sponsored Links
There are hardly any makes to choose from!

I think they are wonderful because the heat up the room quickly and take up no useful space.

Unfortunately, they are fairly noisy on full because the fan is blowing hard. About 60dBA at 1 m.

Tony

Smiths Environmental
Make a good range of Plinth Heaters, most are 2 speed, mine is fine on low, but of course you can hear it, would it be possible to install underfloor heating or is it too late for this to be considered?

Sponsored Links
Smiths Spacesaver, 5 yr warranty.

HIE Direct are one of the cheapest sources for these at the moment.

as above fitted around a hundred so far and no problems at all, as Agile said they are not the quietest but not usually a problem as the kitchen isnt the quietest of rooms, Smiths are the only ones ive ever used.

Ive got a smiths ss5 indoors, I still can't beleive how much heat it gives off!
Heats the room (with a concrete floor) in minutes. Fan is very quiet on lower setting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back