Plot clearing before or after planning application

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an very over grown plot that I'd like to submit a planning application for a new build. The plot is over grown mainly by brambles and weeds. Due to it is close to open countryside, an ecological survey will be required. Now I have a dilemma, if i don't cleared the site, it is difficult to get any excess to the plot for a ecological survey or other site survey. If i cleared site, I am worried that the council may not be happy because of the destruction of "natural habitat" and an ecological survey will be virtually meaningless. Any advice?

Sponsored Links
Clear the site. It's yours to do as you like. It won't make a difference to the planning application.

if it was me, I would clear it, then put in the application. (take a couple of pictures of work in progress)
Obviously if you are aware of any rare animals nesting /hibernating then skirt around them, but better do the work than be held up by surveys

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back