Plot of Land - drain in middle - problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have come across a small plot of land that I would be interested in building a house upon....

I am totally new to this.....

There is a drain more or less right in the middle of the plot....

Is this going to be a major problem? Will obviously need to be moved - if possible.

Picture attached.

Thanks.
Screen Shot 2018-04-21 at 21.02.36.png

Sponsored Links
Do you mean the surface water gully by the pot?

No issue.

Looks a small plot for a house.

Do you mean the surface water gully by the pot?

No issue.

Looks a small plot for a house.

Oh cool.

It's just for water drainage? I can build a house over it?

The plot is pretty small. It goes back further so it's about 2x the size of what is shown in the photo. I will do another thread about the plot and see what people's thoughts are on my chances of getting planning permission.

Sponsored Links
Oh cool.

It's just for water drainage? I can build a house over it?

The plot is pretty small. It goes back further so it's about 2x the size of what is shown in the photo. I will do another thread about the plot and see what people's thoughts are on my chances of getting planning permission.

If its just surface water, you cant build over it per se, you would dig it up and move it. You would need to know if it connects to anything else.

I would find out if it's shared or private or if there are any other drains/services on the site.

If its just surface water, you cant build over it per se, you would dig it up and move it. You would need to know if it connects to anything else.

Ok - thanks.

If I decide to go ahead and take a look at the site - I'll check.

Is it expensive to move a drain like this assuming it's a water surface drain?

It depends how far it travels before it T's into another drain. Hopefully it goes further than the footprint of the house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back