Plug in (Bayonet ) fluorescent lights

crafty1289 said:
<rushes off to ebay site to check out the deals going today> :LOL:

70 G24D PL-C GEC electric lamps for only £100.00, grab yourself a bargin!

Sponsored Links
plugwash said:
i'd imagine ripping them out after building control had left

Oh, isn't that always the way, eh?

People will always put fashion before safety, convenience, economy, ecology, etc.

There must have been hundreds of thousands of kitchen florries replaced by power-hungry halogen clusters. At least those old florries had done their bit for years and were maybe due for retirement - how much more waste is there now that new homeowners replace the brand-new low-energy luminaires almost as soon as they've moved in?

the regulatory bodies in this country have decided lumens/watt is the most important criteria for choosing lighting without any account of the sacrifices that must be made in getting a lumen/watt figure.

hint: just because two lights look the same color to direct viewing doesn't mean that surfacess will respond to thier light in the same way!

What about the flickerless bit, is that a bonus in say a workshop, where strobe effects could cause problems?

Sponsored Links
Adam_151 said:
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=4501&langId=-1&searchTerms=4322045

Adam,

That's the exact thing I mean / am looking for. It's for my garage.

Hi 2scoops0406, I know this is a long shot but do you have any of those florescent lights with bayonet fittings left? I'm desperately trying to get hold of some but apparently they aren't made any more. Sincerely, Dafydd.

Hi 2scoops0406, I know this is a long shot but do you have any of those florescent lights with bayonet fittings left? .
You'll be lucky. That thread is 11 years old and scoops hasn't even visited this forum in the last 7 years. ( check out his profile page).

There was one for years in dads kitchen and I tried to find some as clearly they had to be Class II as there is no earth on a BA22d lamp holder, however I failed, every fluorescent I found, even those with plastic everywhere non corrosive were still class I i.e. need an earth, only fluorescent I could find which did not need an earth was the 2D type and the compact fluorescent lamps which replaced bulbs.

You'll be lucky. That thread is 11 years old and scoops hasn't even visited this forum in the last 7 years. ( check out his profile page).
you'd be surprised! I had to change my original user name eddiem to that stupid one (long story) but I re-registered as eddiem and I am still here. sadly I am afraid the answer as to whether I have said lamps is no.

Im confused what lamp do you want, the lamps 2 scoops had were G24d lamps that you can buy anywhere

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back