Plug Plants

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So relieved that my summer bedding plug plants have just been delivered.
During this lock down it will give me something to do and hopefully I will have something to enjoy during the summer.
Just seen an article online there is about £200m of plants under threat of being destroyed with risk of nurseries going bust because their normal retails outlets / garden centres have been closed.
Difficult times for all - Stay safe :)

Sponsored Links
So relieved that my summer bedding plug plants have just been delivered.
During this lock down it will give me something to do and hopefully I will have something to enjoy during the summer.
Just seen an article online there is about £200m of plants under threat of being destroyed with risk of nurseries going bust because their normal retails outlets / garden centres have been closed.
Difficult times for all - Stay safe :)
I think youve been lucky to get your order -my guess is most bedding plants will end up in the skip this year.

a garden centre near me has just spent the last 18 months building a totally new site -it opened just a a few weeks back. The build cost was £14 million, its a huge place, the restaurant has 500 seats. I do feel sorry for them -I wouldnt want to be repaying that loan with no income.

Good on you for trying to help keep the industry in business.

I really don't understand why people can't buy supplies as normal provided the rules are complied with... If someone can buy food from a farm shop why not compost or plants ? Seems to be making business suffer uncessarily as the risk is essentially the same ...

Sponsored Links
I can’t get any compost. Looks like I’m going to have to grow my seedlings in plain old soil.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back