Plug Socket behind integrated fridge (too deep)!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys!

My sparkie has put a socket in the new kitchen for dish washer and fridge exact;y behind the middle of where the fridge is supposed to go!

This means the integrated fridge won't fit as it is too deep with the plug on.

WHat should I do?

1. Get the socket moved?
2. Change the socket for something else I can wire both appliances straight into saving the space?

Sponsored Links
It is crazy to put a socket there. Did he not see the kitchen plans??

Imagine, one day your washing machine (and/or dishwasher) stops working; the engineer arrives and he needs to turn the power off to the machine. The only way to access the plug and socket will be to dissassemble abd remove the integrated fridge :rolleyes:

You need to get athe electrician (or a proper one) to relocate that socket to somewhere more appropriate and accessible.

PS I do not think that a double socket is designed to cater for both a washing machine and a dishwasher. The socket is rated at a TOTAL of 13amps and a W/M and D/W will pull more than that if they are both on at the same time.

Was afraid someone would say that. We'll have to get it moved... jesus I'm running out of money. Kitchen extention has almost bankrupted me.

Other sockets in stupid places too. I manage to hire a moron every time and I haven't taken the cheap options.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back