Plug socket timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Im looking at a plug timer for a heater in a rented cabin.
I don’t want a set timer I’m looking for something like the light switches you find in a block of flats where you push it in and it comes on for a set time like 30 mins.

I’m finding my renters are leaving the heating on when they go out for the day so need it to switch off automatically after a set period.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Any of the Sonoff range. Probably others. The app allows you to set up 'switch it off x minutes after switching it on'.
Of course your tenants might just plug the heater in direct....why not put a prepay meter in for them & leave them sort their own comfort out?

Thanks was looking more at timer socket and wire the heater directly into the wall to stop someone just removing the timer plug.

Sponsored Links
I will vote up that timeguard booster switch.
Use them a lot and work well.
Also easy to use so stops tampering.
Sfk

I used these
616Sxqb5h3L._AC_UL320_.jpg
seemed a good idea at the time, however then they started going wrong, now slowly being replaced with zigbee plug in units as when they go wrong, easy to replace, odd the plug in version of above
61Om9OsaczL._AC_UL320_.jpg
has not gone wrong, neither have the these
71DDmnavZuL._AC_UL320_.jpg
but the light switches and wall sockets have failed, so now wary of using them.

The smartlife app needs an emulator to run on PC, and it is very slow booting up, theory is great, in theory I can switch on and set the on time so it auto switches off.
upload_2021-10-1_11-49-34.png
I just set remaining time, but in practice it takes around 5 minutes to boot up, so a real pain. I do have a schedule set for some lights, but not really that good to use. The other one not much better it does boot up faster but upload_2021-10-1_11-55-12.png the setting are limited to 3 events, yes can use IFTTT to get more, but not as easy to use as I expected.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back