Plugging gaps around pipes in bathroom walls.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my bathroom, where the pipes enter the walls, there is noticeable gaps around the pipes, where I believe the odour of the cavity wall is coming through. It's not unpleasant but not pleasant either. At the minute I stuffed it with toilet roll, and you would be amazed at the difference. Of course this is only a short term solution, I would like to fill these gaps with something more permanent.

Ideas please :D

Sponsored Links
cavity wall shouldn`t smell :confused: - have you got a damp problem somewhere - or a dead rodent :idea:

Sponsored Links
Yes, that's the stuff.

Be gentle with it, it expands like there's no tomorrow. Remove excess with a hacksaw blade, being careful about the pipes.

Just did the job, stuff does as it says.

But be warned, it gets everywhere, and I do mean EVERYWHERE !

For a start gloves that go up to your elbows would be more suitable. Any clothes you have on will be ready for the bin afterwards. Any of the material that gets on floor(tiles in my case), wall, radiator, skirting board can be removed by use of brillo pad then wiped with warm cloth.

Use with EXTREME caution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back