Plugs for F & E Cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to change a diverter valve and want to avoid draining down the primary circuit if poss.

Where can I buy plugs to block the F & E outlet and vent pipe.

I am told they are available, but don't know what they are called.

Any help gratefully received

Sponsored Links
Theres a drain kit available from plumbers merchants.

Or you could taper a wine bottle cork for the outlet and select one for the vent!

Tony

Commonly known as a bung kit , but they are not recomended for changing 3 port valves although this can be done if you isolate pump valves and gate valve on cylinder return, get everything ready for quickly changing it making sure the water that will come out doesn`t get into any electics close by.. Loads of old towels

Faced with a similar problem (changing gate valve on CWST outlet), I wrapped an odd bit of dowel with enough PVC electrical tape to form a cone, and wedged that in the tank outlet.

Trouble with a 3 port valve is you will have three open pipes, so every chance of losing the vacuum unless you can isolate them elsewhere.

Sponsored Links
If you're renewing a honywell with the same, you can just change the head and moving part. Ditto with some other makes with varying difficulty.

i've used the bunging kit loads of times to change 3ports, aslong as ya isolate the pump they generally hold with only a little bit of water coming out. even if they dnt create the vacuum not that much water will come out because the c-feed is blocked (as long as the 3port isn't fitted too low down to drain the rads)

i'll be doin one tmoz n all, the bloody things keep passing! :mad:

Bunging won't work when you have more than 1 open pipe end. It will slow the water loss however if you have sufficient room then get a large plastic rubble sack. Tape up/tie so that water draining from the diverter runs down into a bucket.

does work ive done it! but if it dosnt hold as long as the diverter isnt too low not a great deal of water comes out.. the tip with the bag is a gud un ;)

Most pump valves I come across are ball valves so no chance of isolating. :(

Changing Honey inards is easy, shoe valves can get a little stressful though :D

Key is to prepare for the worst, for real chancy stuff (corroded pipes that might shear off, no customer or tenant to jam their finger in the pipe) have the phone nearby and the front door on the latch (to call for backup !) :D

WHY do they sell those blo#dy valves and why does anyone fit them complete waste of time. LUCKILY around my way the vast majority are the proper ones..

lol guru.. i work for a bigish company n they supply all the parts so we have no choice with the valves we fit, even the new 1's leak! :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back