plugs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Came across this post a couple of days ago on money saving expert, had to share it with you lot :LOL:

Post #1

hi,

i recently brought an under kitchen cabinet radio but i'm a bit miffed that it will actually stay up..

its got 4 screws and obviously you drill holes, use butt plugs and screws but i'm hoping that in the future i'm not actually ruining the kitchen cabinets and cause more problems.. will it actually hold? am i just being a paranoid female? lol

has anyone else put one of these up successfully?

Post #2

It won't be butt plugs you're using. They're something entirely different!
roflmfao

No idea on your question though, I've never heard of any such thing as an under kitchen cabinet radio. And I'd be useless at any DIY.

Post #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PasturesNew View Post
"It won't be butt plugs you're using. They're something entirely different!
roflmfao"

Quote of the year

I fitted an under cabinet TV/Radio. It came with a template so you know where to drill the holes. Position this where you want the radio to go and drill the four holes. Once done offer the radio up in position and screw in from the top. The screws are hidden away inside the cupboard. Ensure you use a drill bit that is smaller than the screw head otherwise the screw will go straight the cabinet.

Hope this helps.

Simon

Post #5

the radio will probably be very light, so the weight on the 4 fixings wont be a problem.
shouldnt even need to drill any holes for small screws. just use a bradawl to make a tiny hole.

Post #6

What exactly are butt plugs? I have just Googled "butt plugs" and came up with dozens of sex aid web sites.
I would have thought that you just drill through the bottom of the cupboard and use small threaded bolts, which screw into threaded holes in the radio. Why would doing that have any adverse affect on the cabinet. If there are no threaded holes in the radio, then it probably has a flange each side so that you can use bolts and nuts to secure it. And yes, you are being paranoid.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Back