Plumbers done a runner!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Situation in a nutshell is this, boilers installed but not connected to anything except central heating pipes about 10 months ago, it's a renovation property and all old hot/cold pipes have been replaced by me, with guidance as to anything specific that's needed with a view my plumber would sort out final sign off.

He's done a runner and i can't get hold of him and need to get this finished, Is there anything legally to stop another plumber connecting up the boiler- except personal protection in knowing nothing about where it came from, and what's the best way to arrange sign off for the water pipes, building regs, another plumber.

Cheers for any advice, just been left in the crap here and lost as to how to sort it.

Sponsored Links
Sounds to me as tho you've dropped a testicle, looks like nothings gonna get signed off :mad:

In cases like this I always wonder if he has not been paid or something similar has happened.

Or he has been paid but is not gas reg.

Theoretically the boiler needs to be removed from wall to check mountings and the flue refitted.

Otherwise any gas reg engineer can do it.

I would want the heating pipes to be filled with water and ideally to have been cleaned before but if they don't leak that I could add doing that and adding inhibitor to the bill.

You probably expect it to be done for very little.

To check boiler, add gas pipe, chemically clean, commission, notify etc. then I would probably be charging about £300.

Tony

He is gas reg, and has been paid, he's actually a mate I've known for 8 years and I've paid for work completed at each stage, just down to personal issues he's unable to work at the min.

Thanks for the insight slapper- most helpful

Sponsored Links
So he has not done a runner?

But has he been paid for completing the installation?

What does he suggest as the solution?

Tony

He hasn't suggested anything, since early jan ive been trying to get hold of him but according to his lad because of his circumstances I shouldn't expect a response any time soon- I have no idea what's happened only that it's something personal. But your right, he's not done a runner exactly, but done half a job and been paid for work to date and currently left unfinished

Ring round an get a couple of quotes from people to finish off, don't be surprised if they suggest removing certain bits it doing them again themselves.
Could recommend a few in the mitts area that maybe able to hekp

I have no idea what's happened only that it's something personal. But your right, he's not done a runner exactly, but done half a job and been paid for work to date and currently left unfinished

So he has not been paid for finishing it then. So you are free to engage someone else.

But as I said above dont expect it to be too cheap as they will have to recheck fixing and flue.

My virile mind wonders if he is in prison?

Ton y

Thanks Mike, may have someone lined up, I'm 3miles from mansfield. If they've not got back to me tomorrow I'll drop you a message

Surely a virile mind should be thinking other things not prison tony! But no it's nothing like that, all I know is it's either a family issue or illness his lad wouldn't say much more,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back