Plumbers forced to get vaccine

It is possible to carry out work in a Covid secure way.
Sort of, wearing a mask and keeping distance, wiping down all surfaces before and after, not using customer toilets, not accepting cup of tea. That reduces the risk a lot, but doesn't completely eliminate it.

The Vaccine might help reduce the risk further. We don't have that information yet, it's likely it will reduce infectiousness but we just don't know.
It's another example of Charlie Mullins getting some free publicity.

He has to do something to counter all those bad reviews.
This.

Sponsored Links
The unvaccinated one, as if they have no symptoms, they're more likely to not have the lurgy.

(I wouldn't lick or hug any of them regardless ) (y)
The way I’d see it is that the vaccinated one is taking precautions for himself so that may help me. The unvaccinated anti-vaxxer doesn’t give a flying one about himself so why should he care about me?

so why should he care about me?

Do you think, before covid, anyone gave one about you anyway? (not being nasty, being practical).

Just a bloke (or woman) coming in to do their job .

If you're that concerned, either don't have the work done, or have it done and stay out of their way.

Do you think, before covid, anyone gave one about you anyway? (not being nasty, being practical).

You must agree, since Covid, things have changed quite a lot. Do you still hug family that don’t live with you? Shake hands with a stranger? Go into a supermarket without wearing a mask? Cough or sneeze without feeling guilty?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I think a "I'll be strongly encouraging all my staff to get vaccinated as quickly as possible so that we can do our part for the economy and save lives" would have been much better.

But its hard to justify given that its not mandatory for NHS staff unless they are doing Exposure Prone Procedures (EPP) (e.g. surgery).

So if its not mandatory for the rest of the NHS, then I can't see a basis for making it compulsory for anyone. I am in favour of everyone getting a vaccination and I will be getting mine as soon as its offered and I have already strongly encouraged all my staff to do their bit, too. Some have said they don't fancy it. Lets see how bad Covid is once we have 6-10M vaccinated.

There will be Adverse Reactions some will die, but so far this is a handful of deaths and a few 100 allergic reactions. Its actually lower than saline so far.

When I went to work in the Falklands, having yellow fever injections and a load of others was in the contract, this is not unusual, there was also a requirement to declare any time in prison.

It seems after so many years people under UK law don't have to declare a prison sentence, but Falklands law mean anyone who had been given more than 6 months were not allowed into the country, and no time limit.

So during the building of airport we had an arsonist, and the FI police asked UK police if any of the people working on airport were known arsonists, the UK sent the records of all people asked for, not just arsonists, and we had around 200 workers who had to be repatriated.

This caused a problem, as contract signed in UK, but included working abroad, so the worker had given false information by saying he had not been to prison, so the company could sack them, but under British law it was permitted to withhold that information.

So this leaves employers with a problem, they must tell people like care home owners of the risk, but they don't know the risk, so having all employees vaccinated makes sense, but there are a few people who due to under lying medical conditions should not have the vaccine, so we hit the disability laws. So some medical examiner has to state that some one has some problem which prevents him having the vaccine, and as a result awards them with a % disability, at which point the employer can't insist the person has the vaccine.

If you have ever needed to go to a tribunal to get a disability recognised you will know how hard this is. But it would seem the firm can require one to have vaccinations, and have been doing that for a very long time, and I have all the paperwork for my vaccinations in my old Passport it is nothing new.

You must agree, since Covid, things have changed quite a lot. Do you still hug family that don’t live with you? Shake hands with a stranger? Go into a supermarket without wearing a mask? Cough or sneeze without feeling guilty?

All that has changed is that you are more aware of threats to your health.

Pre-Covid, you didn't give a thought as to whether the person had TB, hepatitis, had just had a dump and not washed their hands.......

Personally, I think you're overthinking this, a bit in the style of "for every solution, I'll bring you a problem".
You probably need to get back to work;)

Re: Pimlico - assuming people choose only workers who have been vaccinated, then, for a while, until everyone has been vaccinated only the older plumbers will be able to work.

So is Mullins going to put the same constraint on his customers? No vaccine, no plumber?

The man is deluded as he seems to think that he can just 'buy' the vaccine, which is not 'for sale'.

Sponsored Links
Back